Far Horizons Montessori
• At Far Horizons your child will have a private school education for a tuition of $620/month. (School day 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, ten month school year.)
• At Far Horizons your child will be in a classroom with two experienced teachers.
• At Far Horizons your child will receive enrichment classes in Spanish, Music, Dance, PE and Computer Science, all included in the $620 tuition.
• At Far Horizons your child will receive a strong STEM education. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
• At Far Horizons our students continually test above their grade level.
• At Far Horizons we have day care starting at 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
If you are looking for the right school for your child,
please come in for a visit, anytime during the school day.
We purposely keep our tuition as low as we can so a private school
education can be offered to as many families as possible.
Enroll now for Summer School!
Session 1 July 1st–through July 26th*
Session 2 July 29th through August 23rd
Summer school is essential to retain knowledge for the upcoming year. At Far Horizons, we stress academics as well as providing fun activities for your child. Sign up for the both sessions or come only on the days you choose.
*No school July 4th in observance of Independence Day
May 24th Science Fair
June 10th-13th Parent/Teacher conferences*
June 18th 10:30am Spring Musical
June 20th 6:00pm Graduation @The Hacienda
June 21st Last day of school for lower grades
* Please have June tuition paid by this date
Here’s Some Announcements
Mrs. Dowicki is Named OC’s 2018 Teacher of the Year!
If you have not yet heard, our own Mrs. Dowicki in room 3 has been named Orange County’s 2018 Teacher of the Year! We all love you so much and so very proud of you! If anyone deserves this award, it’s Mrs. Donna Dowicki!
If your kindergarten student has not yet updated the file with a Report of Health School Entry physical we need those in ASAP.. The school is out of compliance untill all kindergarten students are up to date. If you are not sure if your student still needs this requirenment come to the office to check.
All Seventh grade students need to show proof tat they have recieved a TDap immunization after the age of 11
Help us raise money with Box Tops!
We are a Box Top collecting school. If you purchase products with this symbol, please gather as many as you can and bring them to school. For every box top, we collect, the school earns $0.10! Thank you!
Look Below for Class Calendars
Located in Beautiful
Orange, CA 92868
How are Montessori schools different from traditional schools?
What is the Montessori Method? Why is it beneficial to my child?
The Twelve Points of the Montessori Method
- It is based on years of observing children.
- It has proved itself of universal application Within asingle generation, it has been tried with complete success. This method has also been tested in every civilized nation. The method has been tested with every race, in every climate, in every social rank, and type of civilization
- It does away with the competitive spirit and its train of baneful results. More than this, at every turn it presents endless opportunities among the children for mutual help – which is joyfully given and gratefully received. 3. It is based on the child’s imperious need to learn by doing. At each stage in the child’s mental growth, corresponding occupations are provided by means of which he develops his faculties.
- It has revealed the small child as a lover of work, intellectual work, spontaneously chosen and carried out with profound joy.
- While it offers the child a maximum of spontaneity, it nevertheless enables him to reach the same, or even a higher level, of scholastic attainment as under the old systems.
- Though it does away with the necessity of coercion by means of rewards and punishments, it achieves a high discipline than formerly. It is an active discipline which originates within the child and it is not imposed from without.
- Since the child works from his own free choice, without competition and coercion, he is freed from the danger of overstrain, feeling of inferiority and other experiences which are apt to be the unconscious cause of profound mental disturbances in later life.
- It is based on a profound respect for the child’s personality and removes from him the preponderating influence of the adult, thus leaving him room to grow in biological independence. Hence the child is allowed a large measure of liberty (not license) which forms the basis of real discipline.
- It enables the teacher to deal with each child individually in each subject and thus guide him according to his individual requirements. Each child works at his own pace, hence the quick child is not held back by the slow, nor is the latter, in trying to keep up with the former, obliged to flounder along hopelessly out of his depth. Each stone in the mental edifice is “well and truly laid” before the next is added.
- Finally, the Montessori Method develops the whole personality of the child, not merely his intellectual facilities but also his powers of deliberation, initiative and independent choice, with their emotional complements. By living as a free member of a real social community, the child is trained in those fundamental social qualities which form the basis of good citizenship.
What is the student teacher ratio at Far Horizons?
Each of our classrooms has two fully Montessori trained and experienced teachers in the classroom at all times. In preschool, the ratio is 24:2 and in elementary 30:2.
Do you offer any extra curricular classes?
Included in your $620.00 tuition your child will have Spanish, Dance, and Music once a week. Elementary students will also have Computer Science and PE once a week. After school, extra curricular classes in guitar, ukulele, hip-hop and tumbling are also available for an extra fee.